harry potter and the half blood prince.
life keeps going even when others refuse to join in the potential fun. life never slows down or asks if she is in the way. life is strong, she keeps going even when others stop breathing. life is never surprised. i am finding out daily that nothing is new under the sun, as Solomon said it. it’s one thing to read it and believe it, but it’s totally different when you realize it within your own reality. nothing is new. you just have to nod and say, “oh, so this is what that feels like.” i’ve heard of that, but i didn’t realize that it would feel like this. essentially, everyone goes through the same things. the life changing things. high school is kind of life changing, college years, marriage, babies, babies grow up, marry and leave. then there’s death. now, i realize that this is a rough summary of the basic life changing moments in life. but my point is, life doesn’t stop and let you take a breather. she isn’t polite. so what’s the correct response? how do you finally let go of everyone you have held on for your total existence? how do you come to a solid foundation and say, “i am no longer responsible for you” ((well, i never was, but i feel responsible))? creamy chai. so good. it relaxes me. i have all kinds of thoughts swimming around in my brain today. sub conscience thoughts that have been begging to get out.
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
- When in doubt, just take the next small step.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch!
- Pay off your credit cards every month.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
- It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
- Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
- When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
- It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
- Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
- Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
- It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
- When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special..
- Over prepare, then go with the flow.
- Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
- The most important sex organ is the brain.
- No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
- Always choose life.
- Forgive everyone everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Believe in miracles.
- God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
- Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
- Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
- Your children get only one childhood.
- All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
- Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s,we’d grab ours back.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- The best is yet to come.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
to heal my heart and drown my woe.
rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many wiles be still to go,
but under a tall tree i will lie,
and let the clouds go sailing by.” —J.R.R. Tolkien (via amberowen)
i just bought some AMAZING brown boots. i’ve been thinking about getting them for two weeks now. AND i got into an old skirt… size one/two. feeling good today ladies. AND i got a $50 purse for $10. what now? in all seriousness, i know i didn’t need this purse, so i kinda feel bad. naaa, i love it :-)
dinner tonight with rachel & stephen. good times